Thank you for your interest in the Iceland Experience – Road Trip – Photography Expedition with Arun Hegden.
Kindly Note that though this is an experience – road trip- photography tour, as I don’t believe in just visiting a country to take photos and not make memories. We would try to explore local food, drinks and experiences like the blue lagoon, ice – caving . We will be creating/ shooting whenever it’s the best possible time for us. Sign up for the tour with an open mind to explore, experience and enjoy.
Do send me a message on 9535097765 if you have any questions. Cheers.
Participants are expected to have 1-2 visa stamps on their passport, also passport validity of 1 year at least from Sep 1 2023, sufficient bank balance(around 1.5- 2L) and healthy transactions at the time of visa application, ITR filed for the past 3 years. NOC for travel if working etc, as these conditions would have a higher chance of obtaining a visa for Iceland.
For a Visa you can use a dummy booking: https://bookforvisa.com/
Vaccination status: 2 doses of vaccination to be completed mandatorily(covishield).Booster may be required. Before booking flights, kindly connect with me.
DETAILED TOUR ITINERARY
Day 01 (Sep 15) – ARRIVAL/PICKUP from KEFLAVIK AIRPORT
Pickup at the airport around 8am-10am and head to stay near Keflavik. Buy any sim card(lebara, nova), alcohol if required, from the airport store as it’s the cheapest here. We will be traveling around Grindavik, exploring local food, hot springs, lava fields etc. We will be staying at Keflavik. Night we go out to shoot if aurora activity is there. 100-140 kms, 5-6 hours.
Day 02 (Sep 16) – KEFLAVIK – GRUNDARFJÖRÐUR
Drive to Grundarfjörður, after breakfast and grocery shopping. Sunset at Kirkjufell. Night we go out to shoot if there is an aurora activity. Stay at Grundarfjordur. 220-240 kms, 7-8 hours.
Day 03 ( Sep 17) – GRUNDARFJÖRÐUR – HELLISSANDUR – BÚÐAKIRKJA
After breakfast drive to Hellissandur, Explore street murals, Saxhóll Crater, explore Djúpalónssandur beach, Lóndrangar View Point, sunset at Búðakirkja church. Shoot northern lights here if the weather is good, else head to Kirkjufell. Stay at Grundarfjordur. 100-140 kms, 5-6 hours.
Day 04 ( Sep 18) – GRUNDARFJÖRÐUR – HVOLSVÖLLUR
Drive to Hvolsvollur, after breakfast. Visit Seljalandofoss, Skogafoss and Kvernufoss and take pictures(spend 30-45 mins at each place). Stay at Hvolsvollur. 280-300 kms, 6-8 hours.
Day 05 (Sep 19) – HVOLSVÖLLUR – VIK
Visit the DC plane wreck in the early morning(5 am). Walk 8 kms up n down, carry light luggage and water. Come back to Vik for breakfast/brunch and head to vik church, black sand beach and Reynisfjara Beach. Stay at Hvolsvollur. 100-140 kms, 5-6 hours.
Day 06 (Sep 20) – HVOLSVÖLLUR – REYNIVELLIR
Head to Reynivellir in the morning. En route, stop at Eldhraun lava field, Lómagnúpur mountain, and stop at Fjallsárlón glacier. Sunset at Diamond beach. Stay at Reynivellir. 280-300 kms, 7-9 hours.
Day 07 (Sep 21) – REYNIVELLIR – STOKKSNES
We will possibly go caving at Jokulsarlon glacier if it is open(This is extra and would be around 120-160 Euros per head). We drive to Stokksnes for sunset and northern lights. Stay at Stokksnes. 60-80 kms, 1-2 hours.
Day 08 (Sep 22) – STOKKSNES – HVOLSVÖLLUR
Shoot sunrise at Vestrahorn. Check out after breakfast and head to vik. We will possibly go caving at Jokulsarlon glacier if it is open(This is extra and would be around 120-160 Euros per head). Sunset at Dyrhólaey Lighthouse. Stay at Hvolsvollur. 350-360 kms, 8-9 hours.
Day 09 (Sep 23) – HVOLSVÖLLUR – REYKJAVIK
Drive to Grindavik, visit blue lagoon(entry 90 Euros), and head to Reykjavik and stay here for the night. We explore the city if time permits.
Day 10 (Sep 24) – REYKJAVIK – Drop to KEFLAVIK Airport
Explore Reykjavík, Visit Sun Voyager, Hallgrímskirkja church, Drop to the airport at Keflavik by evening 7-8pm. Trip Ends here. Hope you had a great time in Iceland with the group.
Book a return flight on 24th evening after 8-9 PM.
Every day we shall possibly shoot the sunset and shoot on those days where aurora activity and clear sky is available.
Please note that the trip locations and dates are flexible depending on the weather conditions and we reserve the right to modify accordingly.
COSTING and INCLUSIONS
Expedition Cost 2,00,000/-INR.
Batch Size: 7-8 participants
Transport: Two 5 seater SUV Cars/One 9 seater traveler.
- All accommodation from Keflavik – Keflavik inside Iceland
- All transport from Keflavik – Keflavik inside Iceland.
- Entry fee to all parks, parking fees.
- Workshop fees.
- Fuel costs.
- Breakfast included from the first hotel stay – last stay.
- Food – lunch, tea/coffee, dinner, snacks.
- Air Travel to and from Iceland or any other travel costs.
- Visa Cost.
- Any equipment costs.
- Travel Insurance.
- Blue lagoon visit.
- Ice cave visit.
- Additional costs due to change in itinerary on account of flight cancellations due to bad weather, health issues & roadblocks.
Food for the whole trip costs around 20k-25k INR depending on what’s your taste(per day around (2k-2.5k). We usually buy from the supermarket and cook as it’s cheaper.
We usually buy packed lunches(sandwiches)/ eat outside, and dinner(ready to cook) from the supermarket every morning/ once in a day while stopping for coffee.
Advance Payment 1,00,000/- INR for booking. Connect with me if you would like to make payment flexible.
Remaining payment of 1,00,000/- INR on or before Jul 1st, 2023.
Advance Transfer (1,00,000/- INR) Bank Account Details:Arun R Hegden Icici bank Ac No: 055801559733 IFSC: ICIC0000558 Infosys Mysore branch UPI – arun.hegden@icici Google pay: 9535097765
Please mention in remarks as ” Advance_your name”
Please share a screenshot of the transfer on WhatsApp 9535097765.
Balance amount to be cleared before Jul 1st 2023.
Refund policy/ Cancellation charges
0% : Full refund if canceled before Jul 1st 2023.
30% : 70% refund if canceled between Jul 1st 2023 & Jul 15th 2023.
70% : 30% refund if canceled between Jul 15th 2023 & Aug 15th 2023.
100% : NO Refund after Aug 15st 2023.
Also in case you are not able to make it/visa denial happens you can transfer your seat to someone else. Ensure to take visa appointments early. Very important. Please get in touch with me for visa related documentation and help.
Alternatively you can also keep the funds parked and use it for another trip.
In case the trip gets canceled/ postponed, participants will be given a full refund minus any cancellation charges on cars/ accommodation booked.
WHAT TO CARRY FOR Iceland Trip?
- Down Jackets(preferably -10-20 degree ones, Decathlon has good ones) – 1
- Pullovers / Sweatshirts -1
- Warmers / Thermals -1-2 pairs
- T shirts/ tops 4-6 of them
- Trek pants/ trousers 1-2
- Woolen caps, gloves 1 each, and socks as per requirement
- Raincoat (not necessary – but good to have one).
- Waterproof or cold resistant Trekking shoes – preferably not carrying sports shoes as they are not the best when it comes to hilly terrain/ water/ cold proofing.
- Personal Medicines if any.
- Water bottle.
- Power banks.
- UV Sunglasses.
- Camera and lenses. Tripod if required.
- Cards/ Games if any.
- Any “FAST” wide or normal lens. (14mm -35mm)i.e: f/1.4, 1.8, 2.8 etc. for good Night and Sharp photography.
- 85mm or 70-200mm or 100-400 for landscapes.
Ensure to carry light as possible even though we don’t have much hiking with bags, it’s a good practice to carry light. Please avoid trolley bags above 70cm height as they are difficult to carry in the boot space.
NOTE: Consult your doctor before taking any medicine and also keep your prescribed medication if you have asthma, sugar, high bp or any allergy etc.
Terms and Conditions
- All Sightseeing/shooting totally depends upon Weather, Road Condition and Time management of Guests. Sightseeing Can be Shifted on Other Days or can be missed, Totally Depends upon the Road conditions and time management of Guests.
- Participants who have a medical history of blood pressure, heart-related problems or asthma are advised to seek medical advice before enrolling for this Tour.
- We have full right to modify/ alter the tour itinerary at any point of time depending on the need( Road/Aurora activity/Weather conditions etc).
- We shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages or losses caused to any participant in connection with terrorist activities, social unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions outside our control.
- The management has every right to ban and deport the participants who won’t follow the rules and respect the crew. (NO REFUND)
- Participants won’t be refunded if he/she decides to leave a tour in progress for any reason.
- All photographers are requested to abide by the rules and regulations explained by the mentor and also abide by the rules that disallow the usage of cameras during specific times of the schedule.
- Single/Double sharing stay is not possible in Winters in Kaza (Lidang) for Groups. Travelers who are traveling will accommodate in Triple/Quad Sharing stay only with other co-travelers,Depending upon the availability.
- Kindly note at the time of Travel if Route will get closed or in bad conditions then will take
alternative route with alternate Stay for the Guest safety but for that Supplement cost will be applicable which has to be borne by the Guests directly.
- Any kind of refund is not possible for any unused services.
- Please don’t use Single use plastic bottles in Iceland, Carry Hard Steel water bottles for the trip. This is very important.
- If this tour is canceled before the departure, we will provide you with a refund excluding any cancellation charges applicable. Unless the cancellation is due to an event that makes it infeasible for us to operate the tour as planned.
- In any circumstance if we cancel the trip in progress, you will receive a proportion of refund based on the number of days not completed on the tour.
- All refunds will take within 7-10 business days to reach you.
- Baggage and all personal belongings are solely the responsibility of the participant, expecting participants to carry light so that it fits in the boot space of the car.
- We however, reserve the right to take photographs or videos during this tour for any promotional or commercial use.
- By registering for this workshop, you will agree to allow us to do the same. Copyright in all photographs, video, and related materials created by the participant shall belong to the participant upon creation.