Thank you for your interest in the Spiti Experience Expedition with Arun Hegden.
Kindly note that though this is an experience – road trip- tour, not a full fledged photography trip like our other tours. We would try to explore local food, drinks and experiences like hiking behind key monastery in snow. We will be creating/ shooting whenever it’s the best possible time for us. Sign up for the tour with an open mind to explore, experience and enjoy.
Do send me a message on 9535097765 if you have any questions. Cheers.
Before you proceed further are you unsure if you should join the trip?
Here are some thoughts which our trip would offer you.
- You have a routine work life and you wish to take a break from mundane life, into the mountains less disturbed by the hustle bustle of city and where life still moves slow and peaceful.
- Your creativity needs a reboot, say if you are a photographer/ artist you get a chance to explore something different from what you do and learn new aspects which is a win.
- You like to experience, feel , explore new food, culture and connect and network with new people.
- You derive happiness from stories of complete strangers from day one who turn into friends for a lifetime at the end of trip.
- You dont wish to take stress of planning instead leave the logistics to organizers, allowing you to focus on enjoying the trip.
If you are able to resonate with the above then you are at the right place and you are making the right decision by joining the group.
DETAILED TOUR ITINERARY
Day 1, Oct 14: ARRIVAL/PICKUP CHANDIGARH – VIA SHIMLA – NARKANDA
Arrival/Pick Up from Chandigarh and head towards Narkanda. En route, enjoy the scenic Shimla and Kufri. Dinner and Stay at Narkanda. Distance of ~200 km in 6-7 hours.
Day 2, Oct 15: Narkanda – Kalpa
Morning, After breakfast Start our journey for Kalpa via beautiful villages of Rampur Wangtu, and Karcham. On Arrival at Kalpa, Visit – Roghi Village and Suicide point. We can Visit and Explore the Peo Market as time permits. At Kalpa, we shall catch a glimpse of the famous Kinner Kailash mountain range. Check-in to the Stay and retire for the day. Later on, Enjoy the Dinner & Overnight stay at Kalpa. Distance of ~200 km in 6-7 hours.
Day 3, Oct 16: Kalpa – Tabo. Stay at Tabo
In the morning after breakfast we leave for Tabo. En route we will find the amazing view of Satluj & Spiti Rivers at Khab. We shall stop for lunch in Nako village which is the first village of Spiti valley region and famous for a beautiful lake. On the way we shall visit Gue village to see the Mummy (Depends upon the road condition).
Later on continued the journey to Tabo. On Arrival at Tabo, Visit Tabo Monastery and Caves.
On Arrival, Check-In to the Stay & Retire for the Day. Dinner and Overnight stay at Tabo. Distance of ~200 km in 6-7 hours.
Gue Mummy- Believed to be over 500 years old, this rare natural mummy belongs to Sangha Tenzin, a Buddhist monk who started the self-mummification process while still living! In 1975, an earthquake in the wind-sculpted Spiti Valley opened up a time-worn tomb in Gue.
Tabo is a small town in Lahaul and Spiti district on the banks of the Spiti River. The town lies on the road between Reckong Peo and Kaza. Visit the Tabo village, surrounded by Buddhist Monasteries which is more than 1000 years old and is considered one of the holiest Buddhist sites in the world. There are several caves nearby which are used by Buddhist monks for meditation in solitude.
(NOTE:- Please note Road Conditions to – Gue Village are not good. If at the time of the travel roads are closed or not in good condition then will not cover the same).
Day 4, Oct 17: Tabo – Dhankar – Key Monastery – Kibber – Chicham Bridge – Kaza
In the morning after breakfast, start our journey to Kaza Via Dhankar. Visit – Dhankar village and visit Gompa which is situated high above the valley. Later on Move Towards – Key Monastery, Kibber, Chicham Bridge.
Later on we head towards Kaza (Lidang). On Arrival at Kaza (Lidang), Check-In to the Stay and retire for the day. Dinner and overnight stay at Kaza (Lidang). Distance of ~150 km in 5-6 hours.
Dhankar Village, Is known for a fort and residence of the king of Spiti. The views from this point are mind blowing.
Key Monastery, Founded more than a 1000 years ago by Dromton, Key Gompa Monastery located in the Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh. Key Monastery or Kye Gompa is an absolutely transcendent place of worship which is now officially the biggest monastery of Spiti Valley and a religious training center for Lamas.
Located at a dizzying altitude of 4200m above sea level, Kibber village is famous for a monastery and the Kibber Wildlife Sanctuary.
Chicham Bridge, Located at a height of around 4500 meters above sea level in the Himalayan mountain ranges, the Chicham Bridge is said to be the world’s highest suspension bridge and is one of the most spectacular bridges of the world.
Kaza, Is the sub divisional headquarters of the remote Spiti Valley and known as Heart of Spiti. Kaza is a high altitude or cold desert having close similarities to the neighboring Tibet and Ladakh regions in terms of terrain, climate and the Buddhist culture.
Day 5, Oct 18: Kaza – Langza – Hikkim – Komic – Kaza. Stay at Lidang
In the morning, we visit- Langza, Hikkim, and Komic. Later we explore the Kaza Market. After Dinner and overnight stay at Kaza(Lidang). Distance of ~50 km in 3-5 hours.
Day 6, Oct 19: BUFFER DAY
This day is the buffer day and leisure day. In winters we take 1 day as a buffer and leisure day for the safer side. Stay at Lidang.
Day 7, Oct 20: Kaza – Tabo
Morning, after Breakfast Check-out from the stay and head to Tabo. On Arrival at Tabo, Check-in to the stay and retire for the day. The rest of the day is on leisure and free for individual activities. We shall Explore the Tabo village. Dinner and overnight stay at Tabo. Distance of ~50 km in 2 hours.
Day 8, Oct 21: Tabo – Narkanda
In the morning, After breakfast we drive to Rampur. On the way, enjoy the great outer Views of Nako village which is famous for a beautiful lake. The drive continues, the best views of Satluj & Spiti Rivers at Khab. Enjoy the Road journey and on your Arrival at Rampur, Check-In to the hotel and retire for the day. Dinner and Overnight stay at Rampur. Distance of ~250 km in 8 hours.
Day 9, Oct 22: Narkanda – Chandigarh – Drop/Departure
In the morning, after breakfast, checkout from the hotel and head to Chandigarh. On the way, enjoy the beautiful hill views of Outer Shimla. We shall drop you at Chandigarh Airport and from there onwards you can move for your onward Destination on your own.
Tour Ends here. Distance of ~250 km in 8 hours.
IMPORTANT: We are going into a weather of 0 to -10 degree celsius. The roads can be closed or blocked. We would alter the itinerary accordingly.
COSTING and INCLUSIONS
Expedition Cost 33,000/-INR.
Batch Size: 12-13 participants
Inclusions: All accommodation, transport on 14 seater tempo traveler from Chandigarh – Spiti – Chandigarh. 2 meals(dinner & breakfast)+ tea included from the first hotel stay – last stay.
Exclusions: Any flight costs or other travel costs. Any equipment costs.Travel to Chandigarh from your cities. Additional food/meals cost.
The recommended way to reach Chandigarh is to take a bus from Delhi or you can fly directly to Chandigarh airport(better option).
Advance Payment 50% to block the seats.
Remaining payment on or before Sep 15th 2023.
Advance Transfer (16500/-) Bank Account Details:
Lights and Trails Private Ltd
Ac No: 029805006536
Branch: Bangalore Hrbr Layout
UPI – 9535097765.ibz@icici
Please mention in remarks as ” Advance_your name”
Please share a screenshot of the transfer on WhatsApp 9535097765.
Balance amount to be cleared before Sep 15th 2023.
Refund policy/ Cancellation charges
Full refund if canceled before Sep 1st 2023.
50% refund if canceled between Sep 1st -14th 2023
No refund for cancellation after Sep 14th.
Alternatively you can transfer your seat to any other person provided he/ she is interested to be part of the trip.
More details will be shared once you confirm your seat and details will be communicated via WhatsApp group.
Please reach to me in case of any queries:
Phone : 9535097765
Instagram : @hegde_arun
THINGS TO CARRY
- Down Jackets(preferably +5 to -5 degree ones, Decathlon has good ones) – 1
- Pullovers / Sweatshirts -1
- Warmers / Thermals -1-2 pairs
- T shirts/ tops 4-6 of them
- Trek pants/ trousers 1-2
- Woolen caps, gloves 1 each, and socks as per requirement
- Raincoat (not necessary – but good to have one).
- Waterproof or cold resistant Trekking shoes – preferably not carrying sports shoes as they are not the best when it comes to hilly terrain/ water/ cold proofing.
- Personal Medicines if any.
- Water bottle, Mandatory. Spiti is a fragile region with not much scope of waste management, we shall fill the bottle and use the same.
- Power banks.
- UV Sunglasses.
- Dry fruits.
- Camera and lenses. Tripod if required.
- Cards/ Games if any.
Ensure to carry light as possible even though we don’t have much hiking with bags, it’s a good practise to carry light
NOTE: Consult your doctor before taking any medicine and also keep your prescribed medication if you have asthma, sugar, high bp or any allergy etc
IMPORTANT NOTE AND INFORMATION
- All Sightseeing/shoot totally depends upon Weather, Road Condition and Time management of Guests. Sightseeing Can be Shifted on Other Days or can be missed, Totally Depends upon the Road conditions and time management of Guests.
- Participants who have a medical history of blood pressure, heart-related problems or asthma are advised to seek medical advice before enrolling for this Tour.
- We have full right to modify/ alter the tour itinerary at any point of time depending on the need( Road/ weather conditions etc).
- We shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages or losses caused to any participant in connection with terrorist activities, social unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions outside our control.
- The management has every right to ban and deport the participants who won’t follow the
rules and respect the crew. (NO REFUND)
- Participants won’t be refunded if he/she decides to leave a tour in progress for any reason.
- Single/Double sharing stay may not be possible in homestays/ tent stays. Travelers who are traveling will accommodate in Triple/Quad Sharing stay only with other co-travelers,Depending upon the availability.
- In case if roads are blocked and further journey is not possible then we will take the best possible decision for Guests Safety.
- Kindly note at the time of Travel if Route will get closed or in bad conditions then will take alternative route with alternate Stay for the Guest safety but for that Supplement cost will be applicable which has to be borne by the Guests directly.
- Meals (Breakfast & Dinner) will be provided in Stays only. No Meals can be packed.
- Any kind of refund is not possible for any unused services.
- Please don’t use Single use plastic bottles in Spiti, Carry Hard Steel water bottles for the trip. This is very important.
- If this tour is canceled before the departure, we will provide you with a refund excluding any cancellation charges applicable. Unless the cancellation is due to an event that makes it infeasible for us to operate the tour as planned.
- In any circumstance if we cancel the trip in progress, you will receive a proportion of refund based on the number of days not completed on the tour.
- All refunds will take within 7-10 business days to reach you.
- Spiti is a destination which is off beat totally and growing nowadays. So one may not get any luxury here. It’s a place for experience and exploration.