Thank you for your interest in the Spiti Astro Landscape Expedition with Arun Hegden.
Kindly note that though this is a full fledged photography along with experience – road trip. We would be about shooting most nights, sunset and sunrise times. We would try to explore local food, drinks and experiences like hiking behind key monastery. Sign up for the tour with an open mind to explore, experience and enjoy.
Do send me a message on 9535097765 if you have any questions. Cheers.
DETAILED TOUR ITINERARY
Day 1, Jul 16: Reach MANALI
Reach Manali, check Into hotel and rest.
We will be exploring Manali and nearby places like Hadimba temple, Manu temple, Jogini falls etc. and be out for dinner.
Stay at Manali.
Day 2, Jul 17: MANALI – KAZA via Atal Tunnel
Departure for Kaza(-5 am). Night stay and rest. (For acclimatization).
We will take the route of Atal tunnel and will pass through, sissu, batal and kunzum pass.
Kaza, Is the sub divisional headquarters of the remote Spiti Valley and known as Heart of Spiti. Kaza is a high altitude or cold desert having close similarities to the neighboring Tibet and Ladakh regions in terms of terrain, climate and the Buddhist culture.
Distance of ~200 km in 8-12 hours.
Stay at Kaza.
Day 3, Jul 18: Explore Kaza.
During The Day we will explore the Kaza market. We will try to walk around as much as we can, visit Kaza monastery, try out sea buckthorn tea, thukpa and other local delicacies.
At night we’ll be shooting near Shego/ Kaza(around 8pm). We will have our first pre discussion session on how to shoot at the starry night and prepare for the same. We will possibly do light painting, steel wool etc on this day. Wide lens with F2.8 or larger preferred with a sturdy tripod. It is advisable that you are well versed with your tripod before the trip, as we shoot in dark it gets easier to work.
Stay at Kaza.
Day 4, Jul 19: Explore Key Monastery
Morning around 6:30 we will head to shoot the key monastery from Rangrik during the sunrise time. Preferable lenses are 70-200mm and 100-400mm focal range.
Evening we will be heading to Key Monastery(around 3:30pm), explore key monastery, watch the little monks play, take portraits if they are willing, visit the meditation room(this is another level of peace) and trek behind an hour before sunset to shoot time lapse, sunset shots, blue hour shots.
We will try to create key monastery shots with milky way from the front as well. Lenses preferred are 14-24mm focal lengths for sunset, astro, 35-85mm for portraits.
Stay at Kaza.
Day 5, Jul 20: BUFFER DAY
Buffer day/ shoot around Kaza / Make some time lapses/ light painting. Explore Deyzor cafe, himalayan cafe etc. Buy souvenirs, postcards etc.
Shoot sunrise/sunset at Dhankar monastery. Visit Demul.
Stay at Kaza.
Day 6, Jul 21: Kaza – Langza – Hikkim – Komic – Kaza.
Head to Hikkim around 10:30 am after breakfast. Send some postcards from the world’s highest post office and head to Komilk. Visit the monastery here and leave for langza after lunch (~3:30 pm). Shoot sunset, then dinner at home followed by night shoot at the Langza buddha. Do not miss the sea buckthorn tea from the shanti cafe behind the buddha.
Stay at Langza homestay.
Day 7, Jul 22: Chandratal
Leave for Chandratal around morning 8am. Reach Chandratal camps by 3-4 pm. Shoot around the lake around sunset and be back before dark.
Night we shoot the milky way around the camps and try some light painting shots.
This place can be very windy and cold.
Stay at Tents in Chandratal.
Day 8, Jul 23: Return to Manali.
Leave back to Manali around 5:30 am and check into the hotel on arrival. We can go to old manali to explore, dinner.
Day 9, Jul 24: Leave from Manali.
Check out from the hotel around 12am. Our trip ends here. Thank you for making some amazing memories of a lifetime and some wonderful pictures.
IMPORTANT: In case the Road from Manali – Spiti is not open, we would be taking an alternate route from Shimla – Tabo – Spiti. We should reach Shimla by July 16th then. The buffer day would be utilized and Chandratal may be canceled if we have to take the return same route Spiti- Tabo- Shimla as this costs an extra day for one side.
In case of Chandratal cancellation and if we would be heading to Manali and staying there.
COSTING and INCLUSIONS
Expedition Cost 36,000/-INR.
Batch Size: 12-13 participants
Inclusions: All accommodation, transport on 14 seater tempo traveler from Manali – Spiti – Manali.
2 meals(dinner & breakfast)+ tea included from the first hotel stay – last stay.
Exclusions: Any flight costs or other travel costs. Any equipment costs.Travel to Chandigarh from your cities. Additional food/meals cost.
The recommended way to reach Manali is to take a bus from Delhi.
Advance Payment 50% to block the seats.
Remaining payment on or before May 1st 2023.
Advance Transfer (18,000/-) Bank Account Details:
Arun R Hegden
Ac No: 055801559733
Infosys Mysore branch
UPI – arun.hegden@icici
Google pay: 9535097765
Please mention in remarks as ” Advance_your name”
Please share a screenshot of the transfer on WhatsApp 9535097765.
Balance amount to be cleared before June 1st 2023.
Refund policy/ Cancellation charges
Full refund if canceled before May 1st 2023.
70% refund if canceled between May 1- 15th.
30% refund if canceled between May 15-31st.
No refund for cancellation after June 1st.
Alternatively you can transfer your seat to any other person provided he/ she is interested to be part of the trip.
More details will be shared once you confirm your seat and details will be communicated via WhatsApp group.
Please reach to me in case of any queries:
Phone : 9535097765
Instagram : @hegde_arun
THINGS TO CARRY
- Down Jackets(preferably +5 to -5 degree ones, Decathlon has good ones) – 1
- Pullovers / Sweatshirts -1
- Warmers / Thermals -1-2 pairs
- T shirts/ tops 4-6 of them
- Trek pants/ trousers 1-2
- Woolen caps, gloves 1 each, and socks as per requirement
- Raincoat (not necessary – but good to have one).
- Waterproof or cold resistant Trekking shoes – preferably not carrying sports shoes as they are not the best when it comes to hilly terrain/ water/ cold proofing.
- Personal Medicines if any.
- Water bottle, Mandatory. Spiti is a fragile region with not much scope of waste management, we shall fill the bottle and use the same.
- Power banks.
- UV Sunglasses.
- Dry fruits.
- Camera and lenses. Tripod if required.
- Cards/ Games if any.
Ensure to carry light as possible even though we don’t have much hiking with bags, it’s a good practise to carry light
NOTE: Consult your doctor before taking any medicine and also keep your prescribed medication if you have asthma, sugar, high bp or any allergy etc
IMPORTANT NOTE AND INFORMATION
- All Sightseeing/shoot totally depends upon Weather, Road Condition and Time management of Guests. Sightseeing Can be Shifted on Other Days or can be missed, Totally Depends upon the Road conditions and time management of Guests.
- Participants who have a medical history of blood pressure, heart-related problems or asthma are advised to seek medical advice before enrolling for this Tour.
- We have full right to modify/ alter the tour itinerary at any point of time depending on the need( Road/ weather conditions etc).
- We shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages or losses caused to any participant in connection with terrorist activities, social unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions outside our control.
- The management has every right to ban and deport the participants who won’t follow the
rules and respect the crew. (NO REFUND)
- Participants won’t be refunded if he/she decides to leave a tour in progress for any reason.
- Single/Double sharing stay may not be possible in homestays/ tent stays. Travelers who are traveling will accommodate in Triple/Quad Sharing stay only with other co-travelers,Depending upon the availability.
- In case if roads are blocked and further journey is not possible then we will take the best possible decision for Guests Safety.
- Kindly note at the time of Travel if Route will get closed or in bad conditions then will take alternative route with alternate Stay for the Guest safety but for that Supplement cost will be applicable which has to be borne by the Guests directly.
- Meals (Breakfast & Dinner) will be provided in Stays only. No Meals can be packed.
- Any kind of refund is not possible for any unused services.
- Please don’t use Single use plastic bottles in Spiti, Carry Hard Steel water bottles for the trip. This is very important.
- If this tour is canceled before the departure, we will provide you with a refund excluding any cancellation charges applicable. Unless the cancellation is due to an event that makes it infeasible for us to operate the tour as planned.
- In any circumstance if we cancel the trip in progress, you will receive a proportion of refund based on the number of days not completed on the tour.
- All refunds will take within 7-10 business days to reach you.
- Spiti is a destination which is off beat totally and growing nowadays. So one may not get any luxury here. It’s a place for experience and exploration.